Friday, August 17, 2007

Weather

We had a weather "event" tonight. Tornado warning and severe thunderstorms.
They were pretty close, so I was busy updating the newspaper Web site with news and photos.
However, even with torndado sirens blaring, thunder cracking and hearing reports of baseball-size hail, I was still thinking: "I'll take this over a hurricane ANY day!"
My fiance doesn't agree. He likes that there's several days' warning before hurricanes. "You know it's coming," he says.
I, on the other hand, like that there isn't warning: It means I don't have to worry for days then sit through two days of rattling windows and doors. It's in and out and over with in a matter of less than an hour.
Of course, I haven't ever had as much damage from a thunderstorm or tornado as I did from three hurricanes either. Thank you, Lord!

Be safe all!

No comments: