Thursday, August 30, 2007

Tunes

As one of his assigned (but fun) duties, Brian is working on a playlist for the reception, with a little input from me. I think he's actually having a lot of fun putting it together, downloading songs (legally, of course!), and ripping songs from CDs we already own.

Some of my CD contents are a mystery. I mean, in one of my post-hurricane "Clean House" fits, I threw out all the jewel cases for all the CDs I was sure I'd never sell. Of course, that means some CDs don't have song lists with them anymore, so to know what songs are on them, one must play them. It's actually a fun little game.

We came up with a great list of tunes including songs by Frank Sinatra, U2, Patsy Cline, George Strait, Aerosmith, etc. A very eclectic mix of romantic and fun songs.

Even when the unlabeled "Sports Rock and Jamz" CD started playing, we found some goodies. i.e. "Twist and Shout."

But the best was when we were thinking about the "cutting the cake."

I had the peaceful image in my head, but suddenly on comes ... "Every--body--have fun tooo-night! (Everybody Wang Chung tonight). "

Somehow, I don't think that song is a fitting number. Both of us fell into hysterics. I was crying because I was laughing so hard.

But beware, friends. Brian is threatening to put that in the mix anyway "just to see when" it would play. Heck, even if it came on during a father-daughter dance, I know my crew would get a huge kick out of it.

But beware. Brian might not be kidding...

No comments: