Had my first dress fitting today. Had no clue what to expect. From what I'd read online, I got the impression it would be two hours of a stranger poking me and examining every asset and flaw (of me AND the dress).
In my case, I was in and out in 30 minutes. And my mom even came and snapped a couple photos, because that was the first time she saw me in the dress. (If you want to see the photos, let me know and I'll e-mail them.)
The dress just needed hemming, and to be taken in a bit "on top."
I was really afraid I had outgrown the dress ( I bought it many months ago) and that some strange lady would inform me she'd need to let the dress out so my excessiveness would fit.
Thankfully, this was not the case.
But it was snug as it should be. And seeing myself in the dress in mom's snapshots, I am motivated to exercise profusely for the next two months. The dress is unforgiving in the tummy area. (I blame the ghastly overhead fluorescent lights.)
So looks like I'll be putting "8-minute Abs" on repeat for a few times a day and cutting back on the Taco John's, just so I feel like I did all I could. :)
But it's my "weekend" now, so I'm off to enjoy it. And hopefully avoid Taco John's along the way...
Beastie is 8
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment