Brian and I have begun a new adventure: house hunting. We're starting slow, by scanning the real estate Web sites and attending a few Sunday open houses in our price range.
We've been preapproved by the bank for a mortgage, and we have an idea of the features and size we want. So we're all set, just trying to time it right so we don't have to renew our lease past May, but we don't want to be paying for a mortgage AND rent for four months, either.
It's been fun so far, although a little confusing by all the pros and cons you come across in each place. We toured a tiny (although nice) starter house in our price range, but it was next door to another house for sale that there's no way we could afford. And, of course, that one had an open house, too. The dilemma: Do you go into the expensive one out of curiosity, just to see what it house looks like inside? Or do you steer clear, knowing that if you go in there, you won't possibly be able to look at anything else in your measly price range because you've been "spoiled"?
I decided I didn't want to tempt myself, and not taint the mental pictures of the nice, tiny starter home in my mind. After all, we'd like to be able to afford food to put in the new kitchen once we get it! Sometimes, I'm just too sensible, aren't I?!
Beastie is 8
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment