Monday, November 5, 2007

Name changed

It's even more official (if that's possible) that I'm married.

My name has been changed on my driver's license and a new Social Security card is on its way. (I'm not going to type the official legal name here, 'cause you gotta be concerned about online identity theft, people!)

We got new license plates today to replace our Florida ones.
I soon will have a car title in my married name.
And we opened a joint checking account today.

Yeah, I'd say that's about as official as it gets.

But it's so darn confusing being mid-name change. Sign one name here, sign another name there, and try to keep track which establishments you've changed your name with. If I'd known it would be this confusing, I might've made Brian change his name instead!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is a big deal. I have still two things that have my maiden name and it has been over four years. The one I can't change until my loan is paid off on my car apparently and the other is verizon cause they just suck! You have to jump through so many hoops and then pay them to redue background checks etc. So enjoy the name change game.