It's a good thing I don't believe in superstition or I'd be completely jinxing myself, but ... sleep may slowly be returning to my household!
Oh, long lost friend, I have missed thee!!
The baby has slept at least six hours straight for the past three nights!
Last night, it was 75 degrees in his room, which I thought might be too warm for him, but dressed only in a T-shirt, he was comfortable and as far as I know, he slept EIGHT straight hours, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Of course, waking at 5 a.m. for the day isn't ideal, but I'll take it!
Maybe it's the solid foods keeping him full longer -- or maybe that just comes with babies growing --- or he's getting used to his routine -- or that I no longer feel the need to jump out of bed for mere fussing; it has to be a full-out cry ... but no matter the reason, or reasons -- I'll take it!
...
Even if I'm still waking automatically every three hours to go to the bathroom or just because it's too quiet and I have to make sure everything's OK. But it's amazing how amazing sleep feels.
I only hope I haven't jinxed myself. Oh wait, I don't believe in that, right?
Beastie is 8
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment