I don't know whether it's pregnancy-induced "nesting" or just my typical twice yearly "must organize" fit, but today I spent almost five hours cleaning out and organizing our office downstairs.
For the past several months, it's become a dumping ground for excess stuff -- a storage closet more than a functional office. Now that we have a laptop, we don't really need a central computer desk, and we usually pay the bills at the kitchen table. But we have a filing cabinet and catch-all bookshelf in that office that needs organizing occasionally.
Today was a good day to clean it out, shred stacks of papers, file important papers and clear out the clutter. With Brian into football, and the weather outside very cool, I was able to concentrate on working in the office, but I could still hear the game. (Vikings-Browns in case you were wondering.)
Lest you think the hubby should've been helping me, know that I prefer to organize alone. It's something I've done ever since I can remember. I'm not good about keeping up with weekly scrubbings of any room, but my whole life, when I get into organization mode, watch out. I'm like a tornado. And another person would just slow me down. Plus, I'm the one that cares to keep things in folders in a filing cabinet. Brian is just as happy to stuff his most important stuff into a few folders in his briefcase and shred anything else.
So, thankfully, I have another room organized and paperwork filed to my preferences. So I shouldn't need to touch that room for, oh probably another few months. Which room might be next? Probably the garage. But not until at least next week. I'm tired now.
Beastie is 8
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment