In pulling the year-old wedding cake out of the freezer, I geared up for the worst: freezer burned, rock hard cake that tastes only slightly better than cardboard. But we saved the top cake tier because it was so pretty and that's what you're "supposed" to do. It's some sort of insane tradition to eat the leftover cake on your first wedding anniversary. I thought it was dumb, but thought we'd give it a try anyway, fully expecting it to be terrible.
But lo and behold, that was not the case at all. The inside was soft and tasty! I couldn't tell you how the frosting tasted, because I'm not a fan of frosting and didn't taste it the first time around. But it looked great!
Mom and dad and Grandma Gwen did a wonderful job of sealing it up in a plastic zip-top bag, then placing it inside an empty ice cream gallon bucket. It sat in mom and dad's deep freezer most of the year. But their sealing technique seemed to do the trick!
Maybe that tradition isn't so dumb after all.
Beastie is 8
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment