We had a great anniversary trip. It's sometimes hard to believe we've been married a year and away from Florida for a year and a half. But other times, that all seems like eons ago.
Brian and I went to Port St. Lucie, Florida, to visit friends and revisit the area where we met. We stopped in Loveland, Colorado -- on the drive to Denver, where we were flying from -- to visit Brian's sister and her boys. It had been a year since we'd seen them, so it was about time!
In Florida, we stayed with friends Joe and Melissa at their new house. It was a relaxing, although short trip. We had dinner with friends, enjoyed their pool, visited the beach, but it was too rough to swim in because of 6-8-foot waves and strong rip currents, so we just waded in the water and sat on the shore sifting through sand for seashells.
We had our anniversary dinner at Conchy Joe's in Jensen Beach, overlooking the Indian River Lagoon and Hutchinson Island. Then, the last night, we went bowling! I hadn't bowled in several years and not regularly since high school, but I did OK except for my still-healing ankle sprain, which hurt when I tried to bowl normally. But it was still fun.
We drove back from Denver to RC after about 9 p.m., and drove through nowhere Wyoming for 5 hours. I've never seen so many deer and antelope along and on the road before in my life. We'll probably think twice about making that drive in the dark again.
So now, I have year-old wedding cake thawing in the refrigerator, which we'll follow tradition and taste. But I have a feeling it won't be as good as the first time we ate it! So our plan if it's bad is to go to the bakery and get a slice or two of the same type of cake to share to commemmorate our first year together. So here's to a great Year Two!
Beastie is 8
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment