Brian scared the you-know-what out of me yesterday.
I had gone to get my hair cut and was feeling nice and relaxed and very happy. I was looking forward to seeing my hard-working hubby and bringing him some icy lemonade.
But when I pulled into the driveway, my oh-so-dear husband looked at me, then pulled out his WHITE paint and brushed "Hi!" on the broad side of our greenish-gray house.
After I picked my jaw up off the steering wheel ... I came thisclose to throwing my car in reverse and leaving for who knows where to someplace, anyplace else. I knew Brian hated our house color, but to purposely sabotage it when we don't have the money to hire painters?! Why?!
Well, for some crazy reason, I decided to stay.
After I yelled my head off for a bit, Brian came out of the garage with a can of exterior paint tinted the exact color of our house. He painted right over it, and you can't even see it now.
Man, I think he knocked at least a few months off my life with that stunt.
Beastie is 8
8 years ago
5 comments:
Hey Steph! On one hand, I like Brian's sense of humor (sorry about the effect on your life span though). On the other hand, perhaps this is his way of saying, "i really hate the color, and look at me with a paintbush, we won't be waiting til we can afford to hire painters, we'll be doing the painting!" it is a ranch style, right? And everyone should have the glorious experience of painting their own first house!
tee hee! Aunt Jodi
Yes, I realize I can be very uptight and overly cautious. Anyone who knows me knows that :) But I was hoping we could wait until next summer to paint the entire house. We've only lived there 3 months! Yeah, we'll probably do it ourselves, but it's a split foyer, so it's really almost 2 stories. But I guess he could've painted something a lot worse on there ...
when i saw your house, i came in the back, already forgot it was a split! bad me -- anyway, LOTS of nice things about owning a house, but I think we've all been a little oversold on the whole thing, no I'm not bitter, haha, just seeing things from a different perspective these days!
xxoo and hope to see you soon
aunt jodi
I can't believe you are that patient.
I should add that he didn't paint over it only after I yelled, it was his intention to trick me, then paint over it. Whew. I'm exhausted just thinking about how that stopped my heart.
Post a Comment