It's amazing how much time and energy a newborn saps up. I haven't had the time to blog in a couple months! But it's just more fun sitting with and playing with Luke than sticking him in a chair or something to make time to blog.
Last I wrote, we were working on getting him to sleep in his crib. We have succeeded there! He will sleep all night in his crib now, although he is still waking up to be fed 1 or 2 times a night -- more if he's sick. Which leads me to the latest development: Luke's first nasty cold. Mommy has it too, but I'm not sure who gave it to whom. But we're both snotty and coughing. Poor baby's cough keeps waking him up at night. But we're sitting in a steamy bathroom a couple times a day, and that seems to help.
The weather is supposed to be very nice today --70s! -- so a walk outside would do us both good.
I'm back at work now full-time. Brian works evenings still and I work days now, so we only have Luke in day care for about 3 hours a day usually. It's nice to know he's with one of his parents almost all the time, rather than in day care 40 hours a week.
Luke's latest milestones: He can roll from his back to his side and side to back, grabs his toes and will grab toys if you put them near his hands. He's working on reaching for the farther-away toys. But he's already an expert grabber of hair, so ponytails are my hairdo of choice now.
He likes to watch sports on TV. I guess it's all the moving colors and sound.
He smiles all the time and is starting to babble and coo, and occasionally giggle. He loves to look in the mirror and be carried around the house with mom or dad in his front-pack carrier.
Mom's milestones: Learning that I don't have to be his only source of entertainment, that it's OK to let him play by himself in his crib or on the floor for a little while. Learning the difference in his noises to understand what he wants, learning to balance my work, my physical and mental health and baby's development. There's a reason they call them "baby steps."
Beastie is 8
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment