Still no sleep.
Well, that's not true. I do get SOME sleep. I get 4- and occasionally 5-hour glorious stretches of uninterrupted sleep because Brian and I work in shifts taking care of our little Luke Squawker.
Maybe I'm adjusting to only 4 hours of sleep a night. I feel pretty good when my shift starts at 5 or 6 a.m., but by 11 a.m. I'm ready to pass out, just when the baby is deciding he's hungry again. At what age do babies stop needing to eat every 2 to 3 hours?
He's going through some kind of "growth spurt" now at 6 weeks old in which he likes to eat every hour and a half. Sometimes he will only take half a bottle and be hungry again in less than an hour.
I have to squeeze in pumping there every three hours, too, because the baby (and his mom) don't like getting milk "direct from the tap," and we've had almost every breastfeeding problem there is, so I'm exclusively pumping. That still hurts, but at least I'm getting him the best nutrition I can as long as I can stand it (not much longer, I think.)
It's exhausting.
Who wants to come babysit for a full day or at least more than 2 hours? I will probably be at home sleeping while you're here. Oh, but I can only pay you in hugs and food in the fridge.
Beastie is 8
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment