Monday, November 9, 2009

Countdown is on

Well, I'm a little over 36 weeks pregnant now, and everything is uncomfortable.

It's hard to sleep, hard to move, impossible to get pants or socks on without sitting down or leaning against a wall, and everything I eat gives me heartburn and reflux. Fun!

But the baby's room is all set up and, except for a few more things we need to buy, we're ready to go. My hospital bag is in the process of being packed, the diaper bag is packed -- at least for the trip home from the hospital. Though I might have to re-evaluate how many blankets and burp cloths are in there and add more diapers for when we are taking a longer-than-15-minute trip. For instance, do I need 3 receiving blankets and 4 burp cloths or am I better off with more diapers and wipes and fewer blankets? I've packed 3 diapers for the drive home from the hospital. If we need more than that, there's probably a bigger problem, but there's a Shopko and Walmart on the way if it's an emergency.

Last-minute to dos? Install a car seat base in the new SUV (one is already in the car --thanks, Amanda!) and finish packing my hospital bag.

It's hard to believe the end is in sight! And even though I hear it's much easier to take care of them in the womb than out of it, I'm still looking forward to meeting my little guy and showing him the world.



In the meantime, here's a pic of me last week (about 35 weeks) -- I feel like I'm about to burst -- and my 14-week pic to compare it with ...




14 weeks


35 weeks


No comments: