Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Baby room pix

So here are some pictures of the baby's room, which is pretty much good to go.

I have a cat-deterrent system set up in the crib right now -- posterboard with lint-roller sticky tape all over it -- so should the cats show interest in jumping into the crib, they aren't likely to stay long. Cat trainers say, unlike dogs, cats have to think it's their idea to do something or not, or all the spray bottles in the world won't deter them. So if they get their paws caught in some sticky tape somewhere, they'll think, "this isn't a place I want to be." (I've also heard that aluminum foil and balloons work for some cats.)

So far, though I haven't seen them try to climb in at all. They love to sit underneath, though, which is fine. But I have a feeling for a while after we bring home a noisy, funny-smelling, thrashing little human, the cats won't want to be in that room at all.

The first pic is of a quilt we got from one of my grandma's sisters:

The glider and ottoman have sheets thrown over them to keep the cat hair at bay. Diaper bag is under the window, in process of getting packed.

And the new bookshelf that fits perfectly in the corner behind the closet door.

No comments: