Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bad kitty

I'm back at home after a wonderful trip to see family in Omaha. My brother and his family have two beautifully behaved cats who are cuddly and polite.
So when I get home I am reminded what a troublemaker my younger cat Gabby is.
This morning, so far, she has:
1) Scratched the rolling suitcase from my trip. She appreciates that I left it out for her; it's her favorite scratching post.
2) knocked over said scratching post on top of herself.
3) Jumped to the top of bookshelf in living room.
4) Knocked 3 pens and multiple papers and photos off shelf onto floor (narrowly missing nearby cat Wylie, who fled into the bedroom for fear of being divebombed). The items on the shelf apparently were in Gabby's way.
5) attempted to climb onto shelf with wedding-gift vase. I managed to deter her from that one.
6) Pawed at the thermostat knob.
7) Sent warranty information flying into her water dish.
8) Oops. There went another two pens flying off "her" bookshelf...
9) Chased her own tail on top of said bookshelf for about five minutes.
and 10) Is looking for a way to get to the shelf over the couch. If she ever figures that out, we're in trouble because it will come crashing down.

Just a couple hours in the life at Gabby's house ... She's 3.5 years old. Will she grow out of all this?

Brian said she missed me and was demanding attention from him the past couple days, ramming her head into his arm as he watched TV and worked on his puzzle.

I look over at Gabby now, and she's finally tuckered herself out and is resting on said bookcase. Good kitty.