Saturday, October 13, 2007

Military brats

Today was fantastic.
Before work, I went with an old friend to get our nails beautified, do a little shopping, a little eating and a whole lot of gabbing.
Wendy and I were very good friends in the seventh and eighth grades until her military dad was transferred away. We got back in touch with each other many years later via this new-fangled tool called The Internet.
So after e-mailing and MySpacing (is that even a word? Well I guess it is now!) for several years, we're finally living in the same city again!
Get us back together and it's like we were never apart. Yeah, we're about 15 years older -- holy cow! -- and don't look like our eighth-grade yearbook photos anymore -- thank you, God! -- but our personalities mesh now just like they did then.
And there are very few friends I have who can relate to the military-brat upbringing: To this day, we both need to travel, yet yearn to be able to put down roots.
We plan to do girly days often! With her Air Force husband, who knows how long she might be in this town!
I hope for a while!

No comments: