I had forgotten how good working out feels.
OK well, getting started on the workout itself doesn't feel good; it pretty much blows, but after you get started and the feeling you get afterward that lasts all day and into the next after a good workout (or even a mediocre one) leaves you (me) feeling energized, happy and motivated.
I have a 1-year-old now, so I can no longer use the excuse "I just had a baby" to explain my lethargy, slight chubbiness and lack of energy.
It also helps that the now-toddler is sleeping through the night more (when we can get him to eat a good, filling dinner, that is. He's picky right now.) and when he does wake in the night, the hubby -- just home from work -- is often awake to take care of him. I try to repay the favor by letting Brian sleep in on his days off, but with a chatty, active boy playing, it's hard to keep from waking the whole house.
I had only been doing the workout DVD (25 minutes total) for three days when I felt my endurance and strength had improved. Soon I'll make it through the entire workout (hey, it's intense!), even if Luke gets crabby in the middle and I have to try to talk to him while doing jumping jacks.
I want to set an example for my son that exercise is fun and something "normal." I don't want him to think all people do all day is sit on the couch. This is very hard because it's winter and cold here, so going outside is rare. He isn't walking yet, so he doesn't enjoy going outside to play in the snow yet. I'm hoping we can soon get him a sled and drag him around at least for a few minutes for some new scenery when the weather climbs above 17 degrees.
I guess the reasons I'm putting this all out there right now is so I'm more likely to stick to what I say. If it's in writing, and others read it, it's a lot harder to ignore.
So pray for me please, for continuing motivation in the coming weeks and months!
I would love to lose 15 pounds -- the rest of the baby weight and then some, getting me down to my wedding weight. But I'd settle for losing 7-10 pounds.
Work is having a competition where the person to lose the most weight in 12 weeks will win $1000. I don't have a ton of weight to lose (pun intended), so winning isn't my goal, but you get "points" toward smaller cash prizes with our health insurance plan if you lose 5% of your body weight -- which for me would be about 7.5 pounds. (Please make me feel better by NOT doing the math here.)
Wish me luck and determination!
Beastie is 8
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment