Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Update at last

OK, i just realized it's been almost a month since I last posted. So I guess I should post.
I was in kind of a funk earlier this month. That must be the post-holiday, seasonal affective disorder that I haven't really experienced for several years living in more temperate and sunny climates.
But I've been eating better and starting to use the treadmill with more frequency, so that's helping. I have eaten fast food only once so far this year, a vast improvement over last year! Taking lunch (or in my case, dinner/supper) to work has saved money and helped me be healthier.
Now, I'm trying to make plans to visit family, including a trip to Omaha in April and sometime soon hopefully a trip to Brookings to see my grandparents. But winter weather is so unpredictable in South Dakota, and they're still a 6-7-hour drive away, even though we're in the same state.
So those plans are lifting my spirits.

In other news, we had to break out the humidifier, because I was waking up stuffed up and because the poor cats were getting zapped every time I went to pet them. When they saw me coming, they'd close their eyes, hunch down and put their ears back to brace for the zap, so I figured it was time to try to humidify. It has helped, and they both love to sit and watch the air bubbles in the humidifier's water tank.






No comments: