Monday, November 10, 2008

Kitty mischief

Gabby the Tabby has an annoying habit of waking me up when she's hungry. (The Mr. has an easier time ignoring her, because the cat figured out that I'm the one who awakens more easily and the "loud stuff" is all on my side of the bed.) If I sleep beyond what she considers mealtime (which seems to be every day), she makes sure to let me know her displeasure.
Her strategy begins with standing on my chest, sometimes kneading with her paws, and meowing loudly in my ear. If that doesn't work, she starts pushing my clock radio against the wall, making a thud. If that doesn't work, she'll send it crashing off the nightstand entirely.
After she dries off from the soaking I give her with the spray bottle, she starts clawing on a small suitcase in the closet. If we happened to remember the night before to close the door so she can't claw the suitcase, she starts throwing her full weight against the closet door, in hopes the door will pop open.
If that doesn't work, she tries the meowing-in-my- face trick again.
Today, Brian was the one who finally gave in and got up to feed her. I must've dozed off because I woke up a bit later and happily fed Gabby was curled up at my feet, looking like an angel.
Well, except for the Kleenex she had strewn across the floor in an earlier fit of hunger and rage...

No comments: