Tuesday, August 5, 2008

PSA for co-workers

If I may have a moment of your attention, I'd like to address a workplace topic that is in danger of dying altogether. It's called courtesy. (Also commonly known as respect, care for others, or consideration.)

How can you help courtesy from becoming extinct in the workplace? I have a few tips:

1. Don't leave your garbage, crumbs, and coffee spills all over my desk.

2. Don't use all my Kleenex and Clorox wipes without replacing them or at least telling me that you took the last one.

3. If you rearrange my computer monitor, chair, keyboard or mouse setup, please attempt to put it back in its original position when you're done.
I don't mind sharing my desk, because there is a shortage right now, but if you keep doing such rude things, I will have to beat you.

Thank you for your time. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

No comments: