We've been homeowners for almost a month.
We haven't gotten very far on painting (two rooms done), but I'm getting all the rooms organized little by little. And I'm loving my own washer/dryer. Brian already has the garage super organized -- and swept. Impressive. His Man Cave is coming together quickly.
We've made all the major purchases for the house including the aforementioned washer and dryer, a refrigerator and a bed and dresser, which haven't arrived yet. We'll eventually need patio furniture so we can enjoy our back deck to the fullest, but that will have to wait for the tax rebate in May and consistently warmer weather. We are definitely doing our part to help the economy!
Brian has planted two baby evergreens in our bare front yard (so tiny and cute!) and two burning bushes (they'll bloom red!) in the side yard between the neighbors' and our driveway.
I can't wait for spring to be here to stay so I can see what all will bloom in our yard. We apparently have lilac bushes, but now they just look like dead sticks coming out of the ground. Although I do see the tiniest of buds. It's still yo-yo-ing from 45 degrees to 80 degrees and everywhere in between, so hopefully, spring will stick now!
Beastie is 8
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment